At RVI, we look for highly skilled professionals who wish to join a high performance team committed to excellence and growth. We welcome questions about the organization, the business, and the available positions.
Please see below for the positions at RVI Group which are currently open. Please send your resume to Jill Deleo, email@example.com, our Human Resources Manager. Please use the appropriate position title in the subject line of your email.
JOB TITLE: Paralegal
SUPERVISOR: Deputy General Counsel
Primary responsibilities for this position include performing all statutory and regulatory filings and supporting a Legal Department of three attorneys at a property and casualty insurance company. This individual will report directly to the Deputy General Counsel.
In addition to the supervisor, this individual works closely with the Legal and Accounting Departments and has some interaction with clients/vendors.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate with the Legal and Accounting Departments to ensure statutory and regulatory filings are made in a proper and timely manner
- Manage existing state insurance licenses
- Obtain and maintain agency and agent state licenses
- Coordinate business authority registration filings including states’ annual statements
- Research and analyze federal and state statutes and regulations, and regularly use Secretary of State, state department of insurance and industry association websites
- Research state filing requirements and make all necessary insurance policy form and rate filings
- Assist with responding to regulatory inquiries and exams/audits
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare, review and negotiate routine contracts under the direction of an attorney
- Maintain corporate minute books
- Assist in the procurement of various corporate insurance policies
- Provide support to attorneys on various matters
- Assist with due diligence matters
- Ability to be cross-trained in other departmental functions
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree; paralegal certification preferred
- 3-5 years experience in regulatory or legal department; experience at an insurance company a plus
- Notary public preferred
Technical Knowledge / Skills:
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the drive and focus to complete tasks and meet deadlines, strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent computer skills, proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Key Competencies (self management, collaboration and leadership)
- Self motivated, with a proactive and positive demeanor and the drive to learn, develop and accomplish
- Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively with colleagues of all levels in a variety of work settings to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to undertake multiple assignments, manage priorities effectively, and achieve results independently.
- Strong relationship building and collaboration skills
- Ability to learn new tasks and skills quickly; comfortable asking questions and verifying information and requirements
RVI Group offers competitive compensation, an excellent benefits package, a 401(k) Plan, and education assistance. The RVI Group is an equal opportunity employer. Background checks are required.
RVI Group is a Stamford based residual value insurance company serving both lessors and investors in the passenger vehicle, commercial equipment and commercial real estate markets. Residual value insurance protects against a decline in market value of tangible assets, and is a critical tool for asset risk and lease accounting. The flexibility of residual value insurance allows us to tailor coverage to meet the objectives of each unique client.