At RVI, we look for highly skilled professionals who wish to join a high performance team committed to excellence and growth. We welcome questions about the organization, the business, and the available positions.
Please see below for the positions at RVI Group which are currently open. Please send your resume to Jill Deleo, email@example.com, our Human Resources Manager. Please use the appropriate position title in the subject line of your email.
JOB TITLE: Assistant Vice President, Counsel
DEPARTMENTS: Legal and Real Estate
SUPERVISORS: General Counsel and Vice President, Real Estate
LOCATION: Stamford, CT
We are seeking an in-house counsel to manage varied legal matters. Specifically, the individual must have a commercial real estate background and some exposure to the property and casualty insurance market. Responsibilities will include the drafting of insurance policies, governance documents, and a broad range of insurance and non-insurance commercial agreements. In addition, this individual will support the closing of commercial real estate residual value insurance policies and the asset management of existing commercial real estate residual value insurance policies. This individual will also provide expert advice on routine and complex legal matters with a focus on the long-term business and strategic consequences of possible outcomes as well as understanding the internal business partner’s needs.
A broad understanding of commercial real estate law and direct experience working with commercial real estate transactions and financing documentation is important. Additional requirements include the ability to simultaneously manage and prioritize projects with multiple teams. This individual must be strategic, business focused, financially savvy and collaborative with excellent attention to detail. This attorney must act with the highest level of integrity and business and personal ethical standards in all aspects of job performance.
- Provide advice and counsel on legal issues impacting the company’s insurance operations and business units
- Draft, negotiate and interpret a wide range of business contracts, insurance policies, non-disclosure, service and corporate agreements
- Support closing of commercial real estate residual value insurance policies, which includes preparing new policies and endorsements to existing policies, reviewing leases, property reports, appraisals, and loan documents, and overseeing deal closing checklists and deliverables
- Support asset management of existing commercial real estate residual value insurance policies, which includes engaging lenders and property owners to identify potential claims, maintaining policy databases and documentation, and generating quarterly surveillance reports
- Support processing of commercial real estate residual value insurance claims, which includes forming legal entities, coordinating loan assignments and processing property dispositions
- Partner with business units to ensure timely and efficient execution of a broad range of corporate and insurance legal tasks
- Research, identify and mitigate legal and regulatory risks across the organization
- Participate in corporate transactions including data room management and coordination of responses with outside counsel and internal resources
- Undertake special projects dependent upon knowledge and experience
- Apply consistent legal terms and protections companywide with an emphasis on data, technology and vendor related contracts
Education and Experience:
- Law degree from a nationally accredited law school
- Four to six years of legal experience with a corporate legal department or a nationally recognized law firm and/or legal experience in commercial real estate and property and casualty insurance
- Prior work experience relevant to ensure success as an integral team member of a nimble in-house legal department at a sophisticated and successful specialty insurance company
- Knowledge of residual value insurance, reinsurance and commercial insurance law is a plus
- Excellent analytical skills and sound judgment, with a business focused approach
- Superior written and verbal communication with strong presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Solid computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Strong work ethic, intellectual capability and drive to achieve
- Excellent relationship building, partnership and collaboration skills
- Well-developed discipline in working efficiently, meeting deadlines and achieving results, both independently and collaboratively
- Strong strategic capability including development and articulation of the rationale for complex business transactions
- Impeccable ethics and integrity
RVI Group offers competitive compensation, an excellent benefits package, a 401(k) Plan, and education assistance. The RVI Group is an equal opportunity employer. Background checks are required.
RVI Group is a Stamford based residual value insurance company serving both lessors and investors in the passenger vehicle, commercial equipment and commercial real estate markets. Residual value insurance protects against a decline in market value of tangible assets, and is a critical tool for asset risk and lease accounting. The flexibility of residual value insurance allows us to tailor coverage to meet the objectives of each unique client.